Spendor A5 + Primare - howzzat?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Spendor A5 has got great review on WHF. One of the reasons that I am eyeing this speaker is for its small footprint and size(my room is cluttered and not too big). WHF says the bass reproduction is good for its relatively small size. The 120 watts will be plenty for my room. I am yet to audition these(need to travel to another town where the dealer is).

I also have my heart set  on the primare amps. But I dont see any mention of spendor A5 with the primare anywhere. There are 2 combos I am thinking of choosing from-. 

1)  Primare I30, CD31

2) Primare Pre30, A30.2, CD31

Qs:

- In your opinion which of the above 2 combos is sonically better. 

- Is the extra money spent on pre/power combo of any considerable worth over the integrated

- Is primare at all suited for spendor A5. If not then how would Plinus fit with the A5.

- Any other amp+cdp combo that will be well suited for the A5.

I understand that the right way to make a choice is to audition(which I will), but your opinion will get me started in the right direction. I listen to all kinds of music. I am looking for an entertaining yet pristine sound that can assuringly play different genres. Neither too laid back  nor bright. I plan to upgrade the system with a phono later on.

Thanx for your time. 

A

Anonymous

Wow no one has any opinions....
emotion-18.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
bongman:Wow no one has any opinions....
emotion-18.gif

Ok heres my tuppence worth. Fair enough it wasnt in my listening room but.......... I teamed up the A5s with the I30 a few weeks ago, and personaly (but it may be an age thing) i couldnt hack it,they wore me out very quickly. I know the spendors are getting rave reviews but each to their own,and i didnt like them one jot. Didnt like the 6s either.

A

Anonymous

Hi there I auditioned Spender 5se's and Pmc Gb1i's today with cyrus CD8se and prevs/8 power the pmc's were a hell of a lot better,base was more controlled and a much moer enjoyable listen all round.I am having a home demo on Monday.The GB1i's are taller but have a smaller footprint and I live in a cottage.

A

Anonymous

pmc and proac were my other choices. Getting to demo the pmc might be difficult though. Proac lets see.Any suggestions abt an amp for the spendors?

A

Anonymous

Might pay to audition the Spendors first to see whether you like them then worry about the amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts