matthewpiano

I'm getting very close to being completely satisfied with my system now but would just like to get a bit more tonal accuracy which I think an upgrade in speakers would bring about. I'm looking at buying ex-demo or used to save money and am currently considering Epos M5, Quad 11L, or Quad 12L. I have also been advised to look at the Acoustic Energy Neo stand mounters. I don't want to lose the attack or detail of the Mordaunt Shorts but just want to achieve more tonal information and seperation between instruments, particularly in classical music. Any thoughts regarding my current shortlist, or indeed other recommendations? I did once have a pair of 11Ls but their performance was ruined by an awful Arcam A65+ amp and I made the mistake of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="matthewpiano"]Any thoughts regarding my current shortlist, or indeed other recommendations? [/quote]

I had Quad 11LS for few days and they didn't even play the whole album! I have to admit they are gorgeous and may be I expected more from them becuase of all the press were giving it a big thump up as high end speakers with a budget price tag. again.....Hifi is very personal thing you may love the Quad.

To add to your short list may be give Acoustic Energy Aelite 2s a try but don't pay more than £250 for them now that is value for money.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="matthewpiano"]does anyone have any experience of the Wharfedale EVO2-20 [/quote]

I am very sure that was a topic here few weeks back, do some forum search.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts