admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am about to start building my home cinema set up and wouild like some advise about what speakers to use.

I have bought a denon 1910 amp and plan to use my ps3 for dvd but will add a blu ray player at a later date.

My question is what speakers do i use with my set up,there are hi fi speakers and home cinema speakers do i have to stick with with one type or if i see a nice set of floor standers can i use them regardless of what they are....hifi or cinema.

I do have some speakers in mind but they are hifi speakers.

Thanks.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
You can use any speaker providing it is compatible with the amplifer in terms of power handling and impedance rating. Home cinema speakers tend to be sold as packages as part of a 5.1 or 7.1 setup. They can still do music. The same goes for music speakers, they can equally handle movies. Some people would argue that music speakers can handle movies but movie speakers can't do music but in the end, speakers re-produce sound. It's as simple as that.

If you look at most traditional (music?) speaker manufacturer's, they all make centre speakers which are effectively just the fronts in a smaller, rectangular cabinet to fit under TV's so that their speakers can be termed as suitable for home cinema use, which probably makes up the bulk of the market now. Home cinema is more popular than stereo.

I presume you're going for a 2.0 stereo setup? Just out of interest, what speakers are they?

A

Anonymous

Hi,thanks for your reply.

I was going to go for a pair of monitor audio br5 floor standers and at a later date add the rear speakers and sub. not sure what you mean by a 2.0 stereo set up....as you can tell i'm new to all of this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts