Speakers ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I have a Linn Classik. Between the Monitor Audio RS1 and B&W CM 1 which do you think would give the best sound because at the moment I'm hooked up to a couple of Mordant Short 902i's which I'm sure dosen't bring out the best in the Classik !

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Both look nice but have cheap tweeters.

The RS1's is more prominent and the overall balance is bright, whereas the CM1 is coloured with a chuffing rear port and a tizzy treble that sounds quite separate.

Audition both, and try something else too!

A

Anonymous

i am bias because I own them now but if you can buy some floorstanders, then I would recommend the Acoustic Energy Neo 3 they are an absolutely terrific bargain at their current price. Superb speakers, that just ooze clarity, slam, weight but controlled snappy bass and a very impressive soundstage.

Would definitely help to bring the best out of your amp and at an excellent price

A

Anonymous

Apologies if floorstandersare not practical with the amp, just noticed it's 75 into 4ohms and most floorstanders (including this one) re 8ohms. I agree with the other comment in that case, the RS1's are ones you should demo as well as the Dali Lektor 2's

A

Anonymous

The B&W CM1 is the better of the two you mention - unusually, I don't agree with Eddie Pound's comment. I heard them with a Nait 5i and was quite impressed - nice, well balanced sound. Definitely audition both, as Eddie says.

Actually, if you can find them, try the Canton Vento 820s, which are better than the MAs and the B&Ws, or the Yamaha Soavos.

A

Anonymous

I borrowed a unidisc sc and put it into a nad c320bee poweramp section and b&w 601 speakers and it sounded great.

having heard the cm1's a while back and Linn's sound i think these would be a great bet.

TRENDING THREADS