admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just recently I have ditched a pair of Rega Ela speakers. I find them a little harsh, and pretty weak with bass and punch.

So, I Decided to go up into the loft to try out some old Kef Q10 speakers. Gave it a go on my system and they sounded pretty GOOD!!!! Very Happy

I think they sound so much better than the Rega ELA speakers. I think my bedroom is more suited for bookshelf/stand mount speakers. Not floor standers. But maybe some floorstanders my room can get away with. Once I had a pair of Linn Keilidh speakers and loved them to bits. I might consider going back to a pair soon.

OK, I'm going to keep the nice little Kef speakers for a bit, until I find something that is more better for my system. I can just tell my NAD C272 power amp is asking for a more better expensive speaker.

All suggestions welcome.

Shane

A

Anonymous

EvilWolf:Get the Linn.

You mean the keilidh's,

Hmmm, I do fancy going back to them. I really shouldn't have sold my ones months ago.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I have floorstanders in my living room which is only 4x4m, if that, and they are great. Loads more welly than my standmounts in the kitchen.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Hi Shane,

I am old enough (sadly) to remember the KEF Q10, nice little bookshelf it was. The company's new stuff is much better sounding though. Check out the new Q30 bookshelf - it's kid of like a junior XQ20 (which just won the Eisa award for Europe at £1000 a pair) but at just over £300.

I own the original Acoustic Energy AE1s from the '80s which I love - and will stick with (after a new bass driver - £150 ouch), but the new KEFs I heard in a store are surprisingly good.

A

Anonymous

PS Shane,

My brother had those Rega speakers and he thinks the same as you (their turntables are awesome though).

A

Anonymous

Sonicaccuracyisall:
Hi Shane,

I am old enough (sadly) to remember the KEF Q10, nice little bookshelf it was. The company's new stuff is much better sounding though. Check out the new Q30 bookshelf - it's kid of like a junior XQ20 (which just won the Eisa award for Europe at £1000 a pair) but at just over £300.

I own the original Acoustic Energy AE1s from the '80s which I love - and will stick with (after a new bass driver - £150 ouch), but the new KEFs I heard in a store are surprisingly good.

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I find the kef Q10's very nice and decent sounding, and these speakers have only been on my system for week now. So I am going to use them for a little while longer. I'm still trying to think what better speaker to go for next? (I can really tell my system is asking for a better speaker) I do have some in mind, Proac studio 100, Linn Isobarik sara 9 and I might just go back to a pair off Linn Keilidh speakers. They are compact floorstanders though, but they worked fine in my bedroom before. Also, sometimes I fancy trying out the Canon S-50 speakers, the ones that look like mushrooms.

Shane

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts