Speakers

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I tried listening to my system without speakers (I don't have headphones).....it was pleasantly tranquil and everything sounded the same - but it's much better with them connected.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
jjbomber said:
CnoEvil said:
I tried listening to my system without speakers (I don't have headphones).....it was pleasantly tranquil and everything sounded the same - but it's much better with them connected.

Is this what audiophiles mean by an in-active system?
It's an Actively In-Active system.

It has many advantages, as all Mastering sounds the same and expensive cables / Isolation products / Power supply upgrades, make no difference. What's not to like. I've even blind ABX and Double Deaf tested it all, as well.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I found without speakers even Crosely turntables sound good. In fact that's probably the best way to listen to Crosely turntables: no sound.

jjbomber

CnoEvil said:
jjbomber said:

It has many advantages, as all Mastering sounds the same and expensive cables / Isolation products / Power supply upgrades, make no difference. What's not to like. I've even blind ABX and Double Deaf tested it all, as well.

Is it the same with Cr-Apple? If you don't switch them on, there aren't any compatability problems.

Muddywaterstones

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

Inspired to have a little experiment. The missus came in and sighed with relief, "Finally I can hear myself think!"

This is a most dangerous situation. Experiment cancelled. Speakers re-attached before she could get any "ideas".

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
jjbomber said:
CnoEvil said:
jjbomber said:

Is it the same with Cr-Apple? If you don't switch them on, there aren't any compatability problems.

I've used Apple products for over 20 years and never had any 'compatability' (or other) problems.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
jjbomber said:
CnoEvil said:
jjbomber said:

Are not compatible with my wallet :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts