speakers vs headphones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
mike! Beware of the pips....wish I was given this advice! I wouldn't be such a wretched fellow..if I evaded the lips ..sorry the pips as a young msn? Sorry man...course of my life would have altered...i wouldn't be on this forum.I would have been a Yugo..sorry yogi! Yes...i could have been the new yogi 1 Kenobi! Damn you pips..

There is a time and place to try and construct sentences using random words, under the pretence of 'creative writing'.

That was not either of them.

K

keeper of the quays

expat_mike said:
mike! Beware of the pips....wish I was given this advice! I wouldn't be such a wretched fellow..if I evaded the lips ..sorry the pips as a young msn? Sorry man...course of my life would have altered...i wouldn't be on this forum.I would have been a Yugo..sorry yogi! Yes...i could have been the new yogi 1 Kenobi! Damn you pips..

There is a time and place to try and construct sentences using random words, under the pretence of 'creative writing'.

do you think? It's called humour...bit of jollity! If you live a boring life. Filled with chasing about finding tedious things on google..thats fine! Each to his own..are you mates with the major? Stuffy old bores..go back to sleep mate.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
expat_mike said:

do you think? It's called humour...bit of jollity! If you live a boring life.

I don't get the feeling that many people are rolling on the floor laughing. Has anyone ever told you that you're funny? I don't mean in the sense of being funny as in weird, you're probably quite used to hearing that, I mean humorous funny of course.

I usually just scroll right past your posts now. Life's too short.

TrevC

DomCheetham said:
Well I'm sure you have a legitimate reason to ask the question. Here.

I have found that headphones give you intimacy and precise reproduction. Details perfectly realised that each note has substance.

Speakers on the other hand give a depth of bass scale, real stereo imaging and loads more.

I'll happily listen to headphones though like there, TOP OF THE WORLD.
I own a pair of AKG 550s! Lol..theres legitimacy! I so like having boiled ears! Lol..at least with speakers, no ear boiling involved!

I have them too! Do you find them a little bass light? I use an eq app on my HTC phone to boost it up a bit.

If you can manage to get a good seal round the ears they should be fine,nice full bodied sound,they're no Dr dre beats that's for sure . I've read in some forums that Some folks with larger ears usually have a problem getting a good seal.But pound for pound they're a bargain at today's prices.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone can find themselves funny but the real test is when other people agree without any hint of irony. Weird may be a better term.

To answer the question, I prefer speakers over phones. I do listen with phones (P5 Wireless) when I'm out & about that are the best ones I've ever owned. Headphones are generally not that comfortable after 30 mins, I hate cables so use Bluetooth. Another issue is the lack of cross-talk with phones - they are generally fine with classical music but quite horrid when listening to music that suddenly cuts one channel completely - it feels like that particular ear is being sucked out.

I listen to headphones when I have little alternative such as when I'm out, in bed or very late when listening to speakers would disturb neighbours.

K

keeper of the quays

pauln said:
expat_mike said:

do you think? It's called humour...bit of jollity! If you live a boring life.

I don't get the feeling that many people are rolling on the floor laughing. Has anyone ever told you that you're funny? I don't mean in the sense of being funny as in weird, you're probably quite used to hearing that, I mean humorous funny of course.

I usually just scroll right past your posts now. Life's too short.

I'm sorry but your withering critique is interesting? You just scroll past my inanities..yet you tarry awhile to make a utterance? Thank you for taking the time to comment...do you realise I have been here on this site for a few months, yet you have been here 2008 and I have posted more than you have? Why is this? maybe I am over zealous in posting all sorts of twaddle! But strangely my posts get responses? Keeps the forum chundering along...come on..post more..

D

Deleted member 108165

I'm sorry but your withering critique is interesting? You just scroll past my inanities..yet you tarry awhile to make a utterance? Thank you for taking the time to comment...do you realise I have been here on this site for a few months, yet you have been here 2008 and I have posted more than you have? Why is this? maybe I am over zealous in posting all sorts of twaddle! But strangely my posts get responses? Keeps the forum chundering along...come on..post more..

As your post tally seems very important to you here's another response for you to reply to, to keep your tally heading in the direction you so desire.

As you said, you post mainly twaddle, and drivel. You're not clever, you're boring! Get a life mate! Enough said.

K

keeper of the quays

TrevC said:
DomCheetham said:
Well I'm sure you have a legitimate reason to ask the question. Here.

I have found that headphones give you intimacy and precise reproduction. Details perfectly realised that each note has substance.  

Speakers on the other hand give a depth of bass scale, real stereo imaging and loads more.

I'll happily listen to headphones though like there, TOP OF THE WORLD.
I own a pair of AKG 550s! Lol..theres legitimacy! I so like having boiled ears! Lol..at least with speakers, no ear boiling involved!

I have them too! Do you find them a little bass light? I use an eq app on my HTC phone to boost it up a bit.
You have a pair of AKG 550s? I would of thought all headphones sound the same? No I don't find them bass light! They are very good..look like ear defenders! No street cred...but for money can't be beats by Dre..

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Prefer speakers, although I guess that in terms of detail and realism some of my headphones come out ahead, but I far prefer the soundstage and visceral impact of speakers, even if I do have to deal with room interactions, etc. I find speakers to be far more involving.

As an aside, I found the AKG K550 to be a little bass light (then again my most used headphones, the HD650 and P7 are pretty bassy), but not too bad. I'd use them without EQ personally.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts