Speakers Unmatched pair

jonomd

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Was looking at a set of speakers and they were described as an unmatched pair. Would like to know what this means and would it be significant in practice.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

images
images

A

Anonymous

In fairness Prof it's not quite applicable in this case but I know what you mean, I have mitigating circumstances, I was watching inglorious bas$%rds today so on the mind.

jonomd

apologies for my stab at humour, not very helpful. As for the reference to unmatched speakers you need to contact the seller I think and find out how exactly they are unmatched (and if you wont be able to listen to them before buying I would personally steer clear).

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
To expand further. Mass producing any component, you're never gonna get exactly the same item every time. Matched speakers are pairs of speakers (or more accurately, the drivers within those speakers) which have been paired as closely as possible by the manufacturer from data obtained by test bench analysis.

It could also refer to the finish on the veneer, but I would have thought the seller would have mentioned a cosmetic mis-match.

I wouldn't call it a deal breaker though. The drivers in a centre speaker in a home cinema set-up won't have been matched the the stereo pair from the factory, obviously, but whether you'd be able to tell the difference in a stereo pair only you can decide.

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
I'd guess the speakers being sold don't have the same serial numbers and were probably bought at different times. However, I'd suggest it's unlikely to be a problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts