Speakers under £600 to use with Unitiqute

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I don't post often but I read the forums most days and I hope one or two of you may be able to help with my query. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for stand mounts or small floorstanders for use with the Unitiqute. I heard the qute at the Bristol show with some Guru QM10 speakers and was blown away. However, my budget doesn't stretch to the £1800 Gurus :(

My budget is up to £600 for the speakers. I can get the Qute for about £1100 ex dem. Aside from sound quality I am keen on the Qute as it has enough digital inputs for my Apple TV (streaming Spotify over Airplay via iPad), Blu-ray and Sky Box, as well as an analogue input for my Wii. I also like the fact it is all in one. Are there any other products similar in spec to the Qute that would give me 3 digital inputs and 1 analogue with a remote control which I might be interested in? I listen almost exclusively to dance/trance/electronica. Given the Qute's 30wpc, I anticipate that speakers with a sensitivity of around 88db+ would be wise? Regards, lordgrace

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I would either look at the Rega RS1's, KEF Q300's, or Tannoy Revolution DC6's. If you can find something ex-demo/discontinued or B stock, you could look up to the £1k price point, which might bag you something like the KEF XQ20's, Monitor Audio GS10's, or PMC DB1i's.

John Duncan

Alternatively, you could forego two digital inputs (according to the specs on here) and get the marantz
M-RC603 (sp?). AirPlay enabled, so direct connection from iPad to it. You could use the 700 quid saved to buy a DAC to give you more digital inputs!

Haven't heard it, mind...

lordgrace said:
Hi all, I don't post often but I read the forums most days and I hope one or two of you may be able to help with my query. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for stand mounts or small floorstanders for use with the Unitiqute. I heard the qute at the Bristol show with some Guru QM10 speakers and was blown away. However, my budget doesn't stretch to the £1800 Gurus :( My budget is up to £600 for the speakers. I can get the Qute for about £1100 ex dem. Aside from sound quality I am keen on the Qute as it has enough digital inputs for my Apple TV (streaming Spotify over Airplay via iPad), Blu-ray and Sky Box, as well as an analogue input for my Wii. I also like the fact it is all in one. Are there any other products similar in spec to the Qute that would give me 3 digital inputs and 1 analogue with a remote control which I might be interested in? I listen almost exclusively to dance/trance/electronica. Given the Qute's 30wpc, I anticipate that speakers with a sensitivity of around 88db+ would be wise? Regards, lordgrace

If you don't mind s/hand, then as a great alternative, look at MonoPulse. TBH, not heard them with the Qute but have with Nait 5i amp and CDP (I'm led to believe the Qute's internals are the 5is) and they sounded superb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts