Speakers to Replace Epos ES14 in a Naim system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
So, the K2 have just been picked up by the dealer. He was very good about it, and I am so glad that I had the home demo. I would have bought them based upon the shop demo, but the combination of my gear, the smaller room and, possibly, the laminate floor etc gave me a bass dominant sound that spoilt my enjoyment by robbing me of the kids and treble. I cannot blame the speakers as they sounded fabulous in the shop.

I am now going to take the line recommended by Davedotco. I will sort out my hyper sensitive Pre Amp and then look again.

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
NJB said:
So, the K2 have just been picked up by the dealer. He was very good about it, and I am so glad that I had the home demo. I would have bought them based upon the shop demo, but the combination of my gear, the smaller room and, possibly, the laminate floor etc gave me a bass dominant sound that spoilt my enjoyment by robbing me of the kids and treble. I cannot blame the speakers as they sounded fabulous in the shop.

I am now going to take the line recommended by Davedotco. I will sort out my hyper sensitive Pre Amp and then look again.

That was an expensive week. The NAC62 is sitting on my coffee table having been replaced by a second hand NAC202 coupled with a TeddyCap. The difference is hardly subtle, I cannot believe how things have changed. The ES14s are sounding so effortless, there is more bass but without any loss of mid and treble. The noise floor has completely dropped, there used to be a noticeable hiss when no music was playing, and now it is silent. After playing around, the TeddyCap is a game changer, and the 202 sounds completely different to the 62, in a positive way. New speakers will have to wait for a bit now, and, to be fair, I am remembering why I love the ES14s. i think I might just enjoy the music for a while before I look around again.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
NJB said:
I would have bought them based upon the shop demo, but the combination of my gear, the smaller room and, possibly, the laminate floor etc gave me a bass dominant sound that spoilt my enjoyment by robbing me of the kids and treble.

A perfect example of the importance of home demos. (Although robbing you of your kids is a somewhat extreme outcome!)

TRENDING THREADS