speakers to match roksan kit

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
i have a roksan kandy CDP and a caspian FM tuner, at the moment its set up with a MF B1 amp and a pair of tannoy R1's............................dont get me wrong it sounds great, but my OH has told me the amp has to go as it dont llok as nice as the roksan kit and there is no remote..............so............i am thinking of getting a roksan integrated amp either kandy or caspian (2nd hand), as these should match looks wise and also electronically (any alternative suggestions welcome)....................................but my main question is about speakers, due to small/medium size and L shaped room its either small floorstander or stand mounts..............................budget is flexable but over 400 pounds would cause some other issues (who needs food eh.....need to loose a few stone ha ha)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi timiwileman, the usual ... Epos M5i or the discontinued model as an alternative to Rega's R3 which would be top of my list. Be nice to the dealer and you should get a little discount so only have to go without food for a couple of weeks.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="timwileman"]might have to go close to a wall so was thinking MS Mezzo 1 or 2, or maybe Rega's R1? would they be worth and audition?[/quote]

I haven't heard the MS's but the Rega R1 is a little bass light and unbalanced. R3's are easy to place by the way. Front ports and side mounted bass drivers that can face in or outwards. Lots of choice but make sure you try the roksans and your chosen speakers at home. If it was my money I would'nt go the Roksan route though thats personal preferences.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
dynaudio 42's go quite well with the kandy cd and amp and might be able to get a discount due to them being discontinued. they do need about 50 cm behind them though. punchy, clear mid, sweet treble.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts