speakers to go with Arcam 5.1 movie

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

i am in the process of buying an Arcam 5.1 movie and have no idea what surrond sound speakers to buy, not sure if floor standing speakers are best (quite like B&W or KEF'S) or should i go for wall mounted, also does it matter how far away the front speakers are from the TV?

Thanks

Vicki

A

Anonymous

The first idea that comes to my head would be the Arcams own Muso/Logo speaker sub package for £1200. Some putlets will do the whole hog with your 5.1 for £3000.

That is a lot of money.

Otherwise give the Tannoy custom package a look for about £600 or the Tannoy SFX package for a bit less which comprises of wallhanging speakers and extended frequency response that makes it suitable for the DVD Audio/SACD option that the 5.1 has.

Yes it does matter how far the speakers are from the TV. Obviously not too far that the speakers end up in seperate rooms but the the further the distance the better the sound is steered etc.

You need to type in the actual distance all 5 speakers are from the listener in the Arcams speaker set-up option.

Hope this helps. I am deciding whether to get the 5.1 or plump for the cyrus AV master/DVD player.

A

Anonymous

well, i have listenen to an Arcam with i think they were monitor audio speakers and it sounded great, we like the idea of having it all in one box, rather than loads of seperates.

I was also looking at the KEF speakers the 6000 range, they look nice, but review wasnt too good, another set i was looking at were artisan's they sounded fantastic, but were expensive.

TRENDING THREADS