Speakers that work well close to a wall?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

floyd droid62

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
hg said:
6and8 said:
As for moving to another room, the room I'm using may not be ideal but it's mine. I've decamped from the living room (where we now have a mid-range streaming set up) so I can enjoy my music for hours on end without getting in the way of EastEnders or Poldark.

I wasn't suggesting moving to another room but making the point that with a conventional approach you will not get high quality sound in a small room. Double that if you also opt for speakers of the kind being suggested that lack the design features required to be used next to walls whatever the marketing may say. Anyway, I look forward to your reasoning about the short list and what you plump for in the end. Please keep us informed and good luck with the challenge rather than dilemma.
having a small room myself, and having. Floorstanders to bookcase, I honestly believe quality sound is impossible in small rooms , If bass is not absorbed or equalized.or rolled off by a speaker suited to the size of the room, like a harbeth p3esr

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Yeah Al your probably right..those db's will eventually go for a fair bit of cash but just thought I'd put it out there.lol.oh and having previously owned a a85 I totally forgot about the pre outs.doh!

They should indeed fetch a fair price ......... just hope its not higher than my bid :)

They are just a regular pair of DB1S with a single channel digital amplifier bolted on.

The amp is the now discontinued DS 001 with special fittings. Given that the amps retailed at over £1k a pair, the whole package looks decent value for money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts