Speakers standers for Dynaudio 2/6

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would not buy the ikea one, for 1 thing it will be too low unless you sit on the floor. I would look on ebay, one pair of Custom Design stands just went for £15 inc. postage that would be my choice. I suggest something about 50 - 60 cms high and preferably fillable.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Expedit line is a good solution to storage vinyl records, not use as speakers stands.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/atacama-nexus-6

I've got my Dyns X12 on top of ones like those filled with sand! :grin:

Crazyhorse82 said:
Hello guys,

I need to buy two speakers standers for my Dynaudio 2/6 that i am pairing with NADD3020.

I thought I could manage with this ikea product:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30265126/

It´s my really first "serious" hi fi.

I was wondering how much I am losing, and which budget stander I should buy..

thanks in advance

If you're hankering after wooden stands then this should fit the bill.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Crazyhorse82 said:
Thanks Guys.

I also wonder how much in concrete I lose without proper standers..

for instance, bass response! Some detail if the stands are not at ear high.

and lot of reverberation can be caused or transmitted if you put the speakers on top of some furniture.

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend the Apollo Olympus speaker stands with those speakers. They used to sell for about £120 but seem to have been discontinued recently and are going for some ridiculous prices. I had a pair of 2/6s on these (fill the column about 3/4 full of dense filler or use kids playsand!) and they sounded truly awesome.

gramps23

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You could also try looking out for a pair of Atacama SE24's. Great stands, which would be well suited to the Dynaudio speakers and can be picked up for a song on ebay these days. Depends a bit on whether you're ok going second hand, but well worth a quick dig around for in my opinion.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
gramps23 said:
You could also try looking out for a pair of Atacama SE24's. Great stands, which would be well suited to the Dynaudio speakers and can be picked up for a song on ebay these days. Depends a bit on whether you're ok going second hand, but well worth a quick dig around for in my opinion.

Yes but many are collection only so its a case of searching, seem to go for about £30 at the mo. There are some Partington for £30 if you live in Kent on Pre loved..

gramps23

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
Yes but many are collection only so its a case of searching

Very true, but collection only items can be a curse or a real blessing - I managed to get my pair of the SE24's for £20 and a five mile car trip, in great condition and with a free pair of Mission 'speakers! Admitedly they were the 701's, but free speakers is free speakers..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts