Speakers: Q Acoustics 2050 vs Monitor Audio Bronze 2

nb01somea

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I bought a used pair of Q Acoustics 2050 believing they were the 2050i, my mistake. Does anyone have any experience with them. I've read some reviews and they aren't as positive. Its now come to my attention my partner has bought me a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 for Christmas. I got the 2050s for a good price so selling them on shouldn't be an issue. So my question is which is best? My room isn't too big but I was drawn to the floorstanders to free up space on my TV unit. Any help would be appreciated as I can't try the Bronze 2s if I'm to return them.

Cheers Allan

insider9

Allan, from experience Monitor Audio Bronze 2 should walk all over the 2xxx and 3xxx series. I'd even go as far as saying I didn't like the sound of Q Acoustics from these two series under demo conditions at all.

Whether you will like one or the other is an entirely different matter. But I would be surprised if you preferred the QA.

insider9

Would be useful for you to add details like room size amplifier and source used and how far you sit from speaker. How close are the speakers to the wall and whether you have stands for Bronze 2. As we're usually not dealing with absolutes here and tastes and accompanying equipment matters.

nb01somea

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. The room is 6x5m, speakers 45cm from the wall, i'm normally sitting 4m away from the speakers and I'm using a Rotel RA-11 and I mainly use Tidal HIFI with a Audioquest Dragonfly Red from my MacBook. The Bronze 2s wouldn't be on stands initially, something for the future maybe

nb01somea

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thanks. As i said they were meant to be a present from my partner so i dont know where she has got them from and I don't think she would let me. I'll try and find out and contact the dealer. Thanks again

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Which is best will always be your position to arrive at, with your amp, in your room, with your ears, and preferences. When you add these into the mix it won’t be as easy for others to reach definitive conclusions, even if one speaker stands above another in reviews and general opinions. It might too be the case their performance is too close to call, and more preference than anything.

insider9

QuestForThe13thNote said:
Which is best will always be your position to arrive at, with your amp, in your room, with your ears, and preferences. When you add these into the mix it won’t be as easy for others to reach definitive conclusions, even if one speaker stands above another in reviews and general opinions. It might too be the case their performance is too close to call, and more preference than anything. 
+1

And if all else fails, listen to your wife :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts