Speakers... PMC db1i, Proac TabRef8, B&W CM1, HL-P3ES-2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Greetings,

I am currently using B&W 601s2 with Naim nait 5i and CD5i (original non-italic versions). I was thinking of upgrading to one of the above speakers as they are more easily available in my market. I listen to 99% classical music, most of which is piano and chamber music. Any suggestions on which loudspeakers would be most suitable. Also is there any advantage to the Signature version of the Proac and would 805s be to much for this system?

Thank you!

A

Anonymous

I suspect that the GB1i (floorstander of DB1i) would suit your taste because the extra depth will bring more realism to pianos and other lower instruments. Failing that, the Proacs Ref 8 Sigs are superb and would give you great clarity and focus.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The ProAc sigs are indeed a superb small box wonder, extremely involving and musical with a sound that belies their size. I can't comment o the others I'm afraid but the ones I have are amazing little things in every sense, especially if you don't want massive bass, and prefer taught, controlled rthymn.

John Duncan

Got to be the ProAcs from my experience, though I haven't heard the 'i' version of the PMC (I only have the '+', but covet the ProAcs.....) - Andrew has heard the 'i' and liked it very much, and he is a classical listener I think.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all.....any comments on the 805s in this system?

A

Anonymous

Also consider the NEAT Motive 2 floorstanders. Small and sound great. I use them through a Myryad 2080 but have also heard them with the NAIM cd and amp that you have and think that they sound great.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Got to be the ProAcs from my experience, though I haven't heard the 'i' version of the PMC (I only have the '+', but covet the ProAcs.....) - Andrew has heard the 'i' and liked it very much, and he is a classical listener I think.[/quote]

You're referring to PMC here aren't you...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="igglebert"][quote user="JohnDuncan"]Got to be the ProAcs from my experience, though I haven't heard the 'i' version of the PMC (I only have the '+', but covet the ProAcs.....) - Andrew has heard the 'i' and liked it very much, and he is a classical listener I think.[/quote]

You're referring to PMC here aren't you...[/quote]

i

(Aye)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts