Speakers not good enough??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a bit disapointed in my speakers since today.I was showing off to my friends with my home cinema system.I was playing a Metallica dvd(Live Seatlle 1989)and When I Pushed my amp to the limit I heard my back speakers making a noise like they were shouting to put the volume down.The amp was at +4(volume range from+- -70/+16).Is it possible that my back speakers aren't good/powerfull enough for my amp when pushing him?There seems to be no problem with the 2 floorstanders.I always had the idea that they were the same quality like the B&W 600 range.Does anybody have an idea what could be the problem?

Sorry for my bad English,I'm from Belgium.

I have a Yamaha rx-v 1065,speakers are 2 floorstanders fs 127,2back's bs 123,sub 11.2 esp,centre cc 121.

A

Anonymous

id say thats the problem , they may not be able to handle the input , meant for large speakers , from the amp , try setting them to small , the rear ones anyway .. might sort it ..

A

Anonymous

I've tried that.Same problem.

nominal/peak handling 50w/70w

Maybe speakers to soft for the amp?

A

Anonymous

hmmm , i wouldnt know , someone who does should pick up the thread though ...

Messiah

Sounds like the speakers are struggling. The amp outputs 105watts and the speakers nominal figures are 50-70watts. I expect they have hit their peak before you get that volume to -4db.

The volume you are listening at is certainly pushing the boundaries.

A

Anonymous

I'd love that.

Speakers are 4ohm?Could that be an issue?Amp set on 6ohm.

Elac says that the speakers are ok for amps from 3.6/8 ohm.

thx

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know the nominal/peak handling from B&W's 685/686.

Not mentioned on their site.

thx

Nolia

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I know on a 765 amp u can use 4ohms as FRONTS ONLY when resistance set to 6ohms on the amp settings. So I don't know if this applies to your 1065 amp. could be worth checking in your manual.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts