Active speakers advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

justanothergeordie

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Aaaand he's back... can anyone recommend budget(-is) cables (and banana plugs)? I've been recommended Cambridge Audio Ultra Micro and I see it's silver plated. Not trying to go cheap but have heard it may not be the best and that copper may be better? Forgive me if I'm wrong on this but just wanted to get opinions. It needs to be white cable too! Quote I have is for 5.99 a pair of bananas and 3.19 / m for the cable...

Thanks all

AJM1981

Aaaand he's back... can anyone recommend budget(-is) cables (and banana plugs)? I've been recommended Cambridge Audio Ultra Micro and I see it's silver plated. Not trying to go cheap but have heard it may not be the best and that copper may be better? Forgive me if I'm wrong on this but just wanted to get opinions. It needs to be white cable too! Quote I have is for 5.99 a pair of bananas and 3.19 / m for the cable...

Thanks all

I think it should be ok, that is about the price I would pay for plugs. Unless something has a really distinctive easy-on feature. Can only share a view to which others might agree or disagree.

Audiosignals just need a medium to be carried on. Connector types shouldn't matter soundwise. In a high humidity environment I probably would choose anything else instead of copper. Furthermore I really like cables and plugs that are easy to work with and provide physical strength. I would go for the cheapest 'workable' option which is usually less cheap then the bottom price as literally the cheapest of anything turn out to be sources of irritation. Holes that are just in an impossible angle or cables that can be literally pulled apart. That's why I like to compare in real and find online shopping terrible for these solutions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts