Speakers- Limited woofer size

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Looking for best 5.1 speaker option in a 3.5m by 4.5m room for video mainly. Budget is max £400.

I was looking at the keff 1005.2 option however woofer is 30cm wide. The gap between tv unit and chimney breast wall is 20cm exactly, and place tv just above this If it wasnt for this I would have gone for this option

Looking at some solution where I can stand mount the front 2 speakers and place rear 2 speakers wall mounted..and place the woofer in this small gap.........would there be any impact if I placed the woofer at the side of the room instead in one corner?...if so I could go down Keff option

Other option I was considering was the 1010i but again woofer seems too wide.

Looking for a small speaker system within this budget with a suitable woofer to support

Thanks all (looking at av of either the sony str 820 or dependant on budget the yamaha 863

Thanks

G

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The subwoofer is the least fussy when it comes to placement in a 5.1 setup as low frequency sounds are generally not directional. Some people place it behind their sofa as this is the most convenient. When you get the sub, you'll find there are sweet spots around the room for it. You can find them either by trial and error or, if possible, by placing the sub where you would normally be sitting, playing a song you know well with lots of bass in it and then walking / crawling round the room and listen to where it sounds best. When you find a sweet spot, that's a good place to have your sub.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts