speakers for yam rx-v1067

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
hi there ihave the yamaha rx-v1067, iam using it with the kef 2005.1, ihave been looking to buy the monitor audio bx2 fronts and centre speakers, as this is what my budget is, around 350, has anyone else using these speakers with this amp, or can anyone give me some more options, i want to upgrade all my speakers so iwould like to get the first three correct, cheers

A

Anonymous

I've heard theses speakers with the 1067 and they sound great, if your looking at stand mounts and that's your budget, then I don't think you can go wrong.

If you shop around a little you may be able to get a good deal on some outgoing speaker ranges, but I think the BX range will be an excellent match IMO.

Try to get a demo if you can.

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
cheers mate, just quick question the way that my lounge is set-up i can only put these on o shelving unit which my wife bought do these speakers sound ok on shelves or is it recommended to put them on stands, i must also say that my lounge is pretty small

A

Anonymous

There's no doubting these would sound better on stands, however, these are front ported, so this should allow them to be placed pretty close to a wall, as usually rear ported speakers near a bit more room behind them to breath.

Will you be adding a subwoofer to the setup eventually anyway? If so it would not be an issue IMO.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
With a quality amp such as the Yamaha I would save your money and wait until you can afford something which will really show off it's talents. You're probably looking at something like £1K+ to do the Yamaha justice.

weesack:hi there ihave the yamaha rx-v1067, iam using it with the kef 2005.1, ihave been looking to buy the monitor audio bx2 fronts and centre speakers, as this is what my budget is, around 350, has anyone else using these speakers with this amp, or can anyone give me some more options, i want to upgrade all my speakers so iwould like to get the first three correct, cheers

Hi weesack

Monitor Audio's BX2 and BXC speakers work superbly with Yamaha's RXV1067 amplifier. You'll gain a significant gain in performance (particularly when all of the speakers are changed)
emotion-1.gif

Btw, BX1's are also be worth a look.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

weesack:cheers, i was going to use the kefs subwoofer for now and the kefs for the rears

I'm sure the BX range will sound great for now with you current sub and rears and even better if you can add the BXFX later on.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea, will sound great for the money. The Yamaha will do justice to the speakers without having to spend silly money,if your circumstances change and you want to upgrade further down the line you can but be happy that,for now you will have a great setup.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts