speakers for Unitiqute

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was lucy enough to win a naim Unitiqute from whf and have just collected it.

I am on a limited budget upto £500ish and want to know what speakers to match with it any help woud be good.

Mark

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I own a Naim system and I think you should look at the second hand market as the Unitiqute in my opinion would sound near its optimum sound with speakers around 1500 pounds.

Brands to Look at include:

Harbeth,Dynaudio,Naim N sats,Neat and ProAc

I would personally go get some N Sats as the synergy is outstanding.

A

Anonymous

I have just aquired a pair of Kef Q 300 speakers for my Unitiqute can anyone suggest what speaker cables I should use and do I need minimum lengths.

Thanks to all who reply

Mark

markpayne said:
I have just aquired a pair of Kef Q 300 speakers for my Unitiqute can anyone suggest what speaker cables I should use and do I need minimum lengths.

Thanks to all who reply

Mark

Hi markpayne

Standard 79 - 300 - 500 strand OFC speaker cables will be more then good enough for the UnitiQute and Q300 speakers.

Btw, i wouldn't say that you need to use minimum lengths however try and have the cables of equal lengths though.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT said:
markpayne said:

Thanks to all who reply

Mark

Hi markpayne

Standard 79 - 300 - 500 strand OFC speaker cables will be more then good enough for the UnitiQute and Q300 speakers.

Btw, i wouldn't say that you need to use minimum lengths however try and have the cables of equal lengths though.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

You should read the Naim user manual, Naim amps have for years required particular cables to ensure stability so be careful before you start using cables other than the ones it was designed for.

In Naim amps (that require this) the cable cleverly forms part of the Zobel network that all high feedback transistor amps require to ensure enough phase margin (stability!). As all speaker cables sound the same anyway you should use what Naim direct :)

noogle

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the approved recipe is a minimum of 3m of NACA5 per channel. It's a notoriously stiff and difficult to bend cable, though.

A

Anonymous

noogle said:
I think the approved recipe is a minimum of 3m of NACA5 per channel. It's a notoriously stiff and difficult to bend cable, though.

An alternate if you didn't want to use NACA5 would be finding 3m+ of some _very_ low capacitance cable. Actually mains Twin and Earth may do well - cheap enough to try anyhow at 1.5mm and 2.5mm :)

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The Uniti's manual states that users need not confine themselves to Naim's NAC A5 cable and that other brands can be used without causing damage to the amp.

Since the UnitiQute came after the Uniti, I'd imagine the same applies to the UnitiQute though I can't confirm this.

I've found Chord Epic offers more detail than NAC A5 - but it does cost twice as much for the same lengths.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts