Speakers for Unitilite

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Englishbull said:
I have contacted 2 dealers for a demo on the Rega RS3, but they have not come back to me. Same problem with the PMC's. I am based in Essex. Does nobody want my ££££ I thought they would be keen for the business.

Question on the PMC'S , would I get the best from the 21/ 23 with the unitilite??

cheers

I am from Essex and if you can venture into Suffolk (like I did) you could try signals who stock naim, rega, pmc and neat!

I found them very knowledgeable and honest and good with home demos.

Englishbull

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Ill have a look into the shop in Suffolk, cheers for that. Sounds like they have a good seclection.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

cheers

Englishbull

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi ambrose

yes went very well down at signals, very helpful and a great guy.

Only listened to 2 sets in the end the rega rs3 and the PMC 23's. they did have the rs5. But they were a little to deep for where I am going to put them.

Both sounded great I must say. I've decided to go for the rs3's as I couldn't really justify the extra £1300 for the PMC's. after chatting to the guy on streaming I might put the extra money I would have spent on the pmc towards the unitiserve. He talked about backing this up as well so just wondering if anyone out there could recommend a back up source if I decide to purchase the unitiserve??

What are your thoughts on my choice on the rs3 ????

one other thing the guy gave me a demo on high def music he had played through the unitilite. WOW is all I can say unbelievable quality.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,

Glad you got on ok. A bit strange when you are used to high street shops but actually you get a much better service there and they do try to find a solution that suits / works rather than what you will buy.

I haven't heard the RS3 but have the rs1 and they were very talented speakers. I got to hear some hires (presumed) stuff which surprised my how much bottom end they could produce with great source.

Sure the rs3 are a great partner for the unitilite.

I might have gone down unitilite route if I had the choice when I was looking or possibly all rega. But happy with what I have all the same. maybe look at neat petite in the future if i have the cash.

The PMC are probably more talented than Unitilite can fully flatter. Not necessary a bad thing ( i had spendor s5e with a nait 3 a few years back) but perhaps extra cash is better served elsewhere???

Did you see what was in the main listening room? I can't help but look, like being in a candy shop :) They had the Kudos Titan last time and was lucky to have a listen whilst I waited!! Just amazing life like and spellbinding.

Cheers for update and enjoy

Ambrose

Englishbull

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi

yes looking forward to picking the equipment up. Should have it all by Xmas.

I also had a listen of the titans, wow what a set up. Some serous £££££ there. 13k just on the speakers.

ive also gone for the unitiserve, will have a lot of ripping to do in the coming weeks.

Englishbull

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

just to let you know connected the unitilite up this afternoon along with the rega rs3's in the living room. Had a few hours listening and I am very impressed with sound and performance. I've not received the unitiserve yet, this should be here next weekend (ripping cd's over Xmas looks like).

managed to get it all working via the iPad/iPhone though. I didn't realise how many Internet radio stations there are.

Looking forward to playing stacks of music over the coming weeks.

Englishbull

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi

We'll a week in with the unitilite and the CD player has decided to pack up. Very disappointed considering how much this thing costs. I think I read on one post someone has had the same problem. I also picked up the unitiserve today and was speaking with the guy and he mentioned naim rushed a lot of these through production. No problems on changing for another, just thought I would mention it as some of you may have the same issues.

Cheers.

jjbomber

Englishbull said:
Hi

We'll a week in with the unitilite and the CD player has decided to pack up. Very disappointed considering how much this thing costs. I think I read on one post someone has had the same problem. I also picked up the unitiserve today and was speaking with the guy and he mentioned naim rushed a lot of these through production. No problems on changing for another, just thought I would mention it as some of you may have the same issues.

Cheers.

That was mine and it packed up on the 2nd CD. Tried it a few times and played it eventually. Third CD fine but 4th, 5th and 6th wouldm't play at all. Day 2 and none of the CDs would work. Day 3 and they all played fine, even a CD-r. Yesterday it skipped on certain tracks and today it is playing fine. The next day for returns in 3rd January, so I can drop it back to the shop on the 2nd.

When it does work, it is awesome. However, at £1,485, it is an expensive clock when it doesn't!

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear it. I've been told that similar problems exist with some - perhaps all - of the ULs that were sold in Singapore. Maybe Naim's renowned quality control is slipping? I certainly think it isn't as good as it used to be.

Englishbull

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, at £1400 I expected better, but replacement will be on its way. CD does work just odd occasion coming up disc error. Sounds bloody good though. Loving the Rega RS'3s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts