Speakers for Teac DR-H300DAB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm about to purchase a Teac DR-H300DAB system and I'm after some advice about what speakers to get with it. I'd like some that are likely to give the best all round performace possible, as I'm going to use the system to watch movies as well as listem to music. It's for a small living room (around 3.5m x 4m) and I've got a budget of around £150-250 to spend on the speakers. I've looked at the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's which seemed good and also the AE Aelite 2's (on special offer at £200) but was advised that the Teac probably couldn't handle them - it is rated at 2 x 50W at 4 ohms (1kHz). I have think I have a rudimentary understanding of the issues involved with speaker choice, but I'd be really grateful for any advice anyone could offer. Are the Wharfedales going to be my best bet?

Cheers, Simon

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew - I hoped that might be the case. In your opinion do you thin the Aelite 2's would be the ones to go for then? I had assumed they should sound a bit better than the Wharfedales purely because of the better frequency response and that they are physically larger.

Thanks, Simon

A

Anonymous

Thanks - really useful. In order to make sure I don't damage the speakers (through clipping from the fairly low powered Teac), should I just avoid pushing the volume too much or would you really have to crank it up (in terms of the size of the room) to damage the Aelites?

Simon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts