Speakers for super uniti

Gasman

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
HI All

Some advice please. I am running a super uniti together with a pair of B&W pm1s. This has been running over a year and I love it - However, I wondered into my local shop this weekend and they had a super uniti playing through a pair of Naim Ovator 400s. It sounded like night and day1

I can get the ovators about 1k off as ex demo but I am worried it may overpower the room - roughly 3m*4m. Also if I am upgrading is there some thing else out there I should listen to?

Thanks for any help

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
your room is really small. The Ovators 400 need more room to perform well. I would recommend you a speaker from Neat which should be perfect for the size of your room.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
Neat, but probably the Elites as a minimum. The Motives, though good, wouldn't really do the amp justice. Same comment for the Kefs.

AL, have you heard the Kefs on a good amp?

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Only the MF M3i. But, seriously, a £3250 amp with £800 speakers?? Really is a waste of a good amp.

By the way, thought the Kef was OK, but I'm not a fan of their recent speakers.

Harbeth is another good choice.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
Only the MF M3i. But, seriously, a £3250 amp with £800 speakers?? Really is a waste of a good amp.

By the way, thought the Kef was OK, but I'm not a fan of their recent speakers.

Harbeth is another good choice.

I suggest you try them on a £3k amp and see if you still feel the same. ;)

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
The Motives, though good, wouldn't really do the amp justice. Same comment for the Kefs.

Clearly you're right: the person writing the review I referred to above is obviously entirely clueless, even though it seems he reviewed the Motives with a Supernait 2. :wall:

Gasman said:
HI All

Some advice please. I am running a super uniti together with a pair of B&W pm1s. This has been running over a year and I love it - However, I wondered into my local shop this weekend and they had a super uniti playing through a pair of Naim Ovator 400s. It sounded like night and day1

I can get the ovators about 1k off as ex demo but I am worried it may overpower the room - roughly 3m*4m. Also if I am upgrading is there some thing else out there I should listen to?

Thanks for any help

PMC Twenty 22 sounds like cracking choice to me, assuming you can round the less than pretty lean.

TRENDING THREADS