Speakers for Primare combination.

A

Anonymous

I haven't a hope of auditioning any of those three!
Looking for something detailed and on the warm side of neutral.
A Roksan FR5 review claims the "Tonal balance could have more warmth." The remainder of the review describes my needs.
What are the pro's and con's of the FR5's for you?
The combined tonal signature of the Primare combination is, I believe, by its nature on the warm side. However, I've only tried them with the MA RS6's.
This is a marriage I've got to get right!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I haven't got a clue what is your local dealers are stocking! My Roksan sound "LIVE"....if the Marshall stacks they use with their guitar sounded bright, that will be the sound that come out. NATURAL and REVEALING (I heard the RS6 and they are VERY bright! to my ears)...good luck demoing :)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I run the Primare Pre30/A30.2 combo in my reference system at home with the B&W 805S, and they sound fabulous. If you specifically want floorstanders then yes, I'd audition the ProAc Studio 140s, but the B&Ws are well worth a listen too.

A

Anonymous

Sincere thanks, everybody.
It looks as if it's down to either the ProAc or the B&W.
Standmounts or floorstanders aren't an issue for me. I simply want whichever will do full justice to the Primare combination.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andy Clough"]I run the Primare Pre30/A30.2 combo in my reference system at home with the B&W 805S, and they sound fabulous.[/quote]

Would it be an intelligent guess if I said you have the Primare CD31, Andy
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Just been talking to some potential suppliers of both the B&W's and ProAc's. They claim a 10 ft x 10 ft room is too small for either.
Any comments?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts