Speakers for my system?

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
So I have sent the QUAD 909 off to Melbourne for a overhaul. I have decided on the Cambridge Audio CXN streamer. I have one last upgrade that is going to cost me the most money. Replacement speakers for my Dynaudio X-12's. My wife and I listen to wide range of music but top 40, R&B, balads, soft rock etc etc is what we like with some techno/dance music thrown in. What Hi-FI describe the X-12's as smooth dynamic sound. My budget is now probably triple to quadrouple of my current speakers due to increased earnings. I guess I want a similar sound though in a floor stander. I love a detailed full fun sound that does not move into brightness as I am very sensitive to ear fatigue. My biggest issue is I live in Darwin, remote and little choice so buying blind is a strong possibility. I am considering moving up in the Dynaudio range or Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 or Venere S has been suggested, even considering Spendor D7 although our dollar is on the slide so not sure if it will remain in budget and not sure if any of those listed will be able to be adequately run by my Quad. Another alternative is that I do have a B&W PV1d so a standmount is an option and may save some money, but I am hoping this will be my last upgrade for 10 years.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Darryn

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
As well as Dynaudio, Sonus Faber and Spendor...all of which are great...I would add Kef R Series or LS50 (with Sub) and possibly Opera (if available).

TRENDING THREADS