Question Speakers for Marantz PM8005

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I am using Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 with PM8005. If you can use stands....it is pretty good combination.
And for the original poster’s information these have been discontinued, so are available used. The nearest replacement is the Lumina series, which looks lovely and can tolerate placement close to the front wall (behind the speakers) which may suit you.

The stand mount I and II are £799 and £999 a pair respectively. The floor standing III is £1999 a pair.

Zakhele

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
My system comprises Marantz PM8005, SA8005 and NA7004 along with my antiquated speakers (B&W Matrix 2S2).
The speakers were great when I got them new some 30 years ago and in my head they still are.
However, I'm sure decent contemporary speakers would blow them out of the water and so I'm looking for suggestions as to which speakers I should audition.
I listen to a variety of genres via Tidal and the NA7004 these days (although the odd CD/SACD does get played too).
I'm not looking to change the rest of the system.
Budget is flexible.
Thank you in anticipation!
Triangle speakers ( Comete or BRO range ), Monitor Audio , Focal Chora range, Dali , Bowers & Wilkins 600 series, Heco Celan, Klipsch , Tannoy etc. Basically you need bright sounding speakers to complement the Marantz PM8005.

rainsoothe

Hi. Another vote for Dali, but as stated above, try to audition and let your ears decide. Sonus Faber is also a good call, and I'd add two great standmounters on your list: Quad S2 and Revel Performa M106. Both of these do need some space behind them, though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts