Speakers for laptop + turntable - Audioengine A2+ or?

Greggerly

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
Hi
Looking for a set of speakers for my turntable and laptop. The turntable is an entry-level Audio-Technica with preamp but at some point, I will be updating it. Laptop is Mac Pro
Due to size of the room (2x3m) I'm looking for small active monitors (bluetooth would be an advantage). this is why I was looking at Audioengine A2+. Reading through the reviews I can see some people are complaining they are overpriced and Kanto YU2 would be a better choice.
Any suggestions?
thanks

Dom

Hi.

I can't choose the speakers for you. You need to actually hear them to make your decision.

If it were me, then the Dynaudio LYD 8 active studio monitors would be on my audition list.

Last edited:
Reactions: shadders

gongli

Nov 1, 2021
Visit site
I agree that you must hear them and choose for yourself, but I just got Vanatoo speakers and they are said to out play the audio engine for a little more money...the zero model also supports a sub and has a DAC built in like the audio engine.

Greggerly

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
yes I'm narrowing the list before heading out to the shops.
forgot to add that I'm a lil limited on space. so Dynaudios are tad too large for me.
those Vanatoo looks good. I will look into them but quick google shows might be hard to get a hold of them. where did you get yours?

Greggerly

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
yeah, I was afraid you would say that. can see all the links lead to the other side of the pond.

however, I've started to think that maybe different approach will be better for my office.
Originally I had a HiFi set constituting Pioneer VSX LX303 with a 5.1 Yamaha speaker set that was hooked up to turntable, tv, console etc. Now I will have separate system for movies only in the living room (probably soundbar with wireless satellites for ease of installaton) and in the office i will have more music focused set up for turntable and laptop.
Therefore I have a free amp that I can use and buy a decent stereo speakers to hook up to it. This will give me the advantage to set up 2 listening positions since I will be either sitting at the desk or on the couch and they;re both on the other ends on the room

gongli

Nov 1, 2021
Visit site
You might want to add a sub unless you get a floor stander speakers - it adds something quite pleasant in my humble opinion.

Greggerly

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
yes, will likely look into sub as well as I have a TV in the office, and sometimes this setup will be used for movies (when the missus is occupying the main TV). Floorstanders are pretty much out of question due to size of the room and space available. Decent bookshelf speakers will have to suffice. But that leads to completely new research since I don't need powered speakers anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts