Speakers for Cambridge CXA60

doifeellucky

Hi

I had separates when I was younger and want to build a reasonable system for £700-£800.

Most of my music is digital, Spotify, some iTunes, or mp3's of CD's I still own. I was considering the AV route but due to lack of space decided to get better stereo that will also be used for the TV.

I'm looking at Cambridge Minx xi, Marantz 6005 and possibly the Cambridge CXA60, with something like the MA Bronze 2's, Concept 20's or Dali Zensor 3's. The What Hi-Fi review mentions speaker matching as a negative so what type would be a good match?

I'd probably use a Chromecast audio with the 6005 and CXA60.

Would the CXA60 be overkill for this type of setup? I could use my Sony 7200 Blu Ray for CD's but have no idea how that compares to a proper CD player.

Your feedback on this or alternatives would be much appreciated.

Thanks

antandshar

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have the Maramtz pm6005 and use Dali Zensor 5's with it, Streaming spotify premium through my Ps4. I have to say that the sound quality is excellent. If you do a google search with the amp and speakers together, you'll find a couple of online retailers that sell the pair £599. That's how i got mine. As the speakers are £549 retail, you get the marantz for £49!

That said, After reading the review for the CXA60, I've decided to save up and go for that, with the cd transport and network player. But that will have to be it for my hifi buying as my wife is going to explode if i buy anything else. Still. I should get at least £200 for the Marantz!

doifeellucky said:
Can anyone give any feedback on this amp?

Thanks
I suspect very few own this relatively new amp, and those who do are probably happily listening to it, not looking here! The Marantz, by contrast, is the latest in a long line of great affordable amps, with which you cannot really go wrong. You should be able to hear both at a Richer Sounds, and decide if the £200 extra would be better spent on speakers or stands/cables.

My take on Cambridge is that they are innovative and yet seem to lose their appeal more quickly than a classic brand like Marantz. A quick look on Ebay may be informative.

I hope that helps a bit. And please go listen for yourself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts