speakers but what ones advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have the bug and im after a new set of speakers budget is tight and i have had my fingers burnt with second hand so im after a new pair.i have narrowed it down to bx2 and a sub of some sort.Or wharfedale diamond 10.1 and wharfdale diamond sw150 subwoofer.so what do you think are the bx2,s worth the extra £100 .as the wharfedale set up would be about the same price.any help advice thanks

theexcitableboy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Since the BX2s pretty much dominate the £250 bookshelf speaker market thanks to WHF?'s endorsement, I'm sure you'd be well pleased with them. This really comes down to taste and use. If you like hearing those low notes, and you use your system for movies and other applications where strong bass is required, the Wharfedale setup would be better for you. If you just listen to music, and would rather detail over strong bass, the BX2s are probably the way to go, especially if you have a smaller listening room.

I'd recommend auditioning both, to give you an idea of what the SW150 actually adds to the sound. Personally, I would recommend the BX2s if you're just listening to music, but both are great value for money.

A

Anonymous

going to try and have a listen this weeend.i use a sub now so im used to deep base but the setup would be just for music .the speakers just seem so small and i not sure of there base response

T

the record spot

Don't know if you've i) got £350 to play with, and ii) a smaller room, but the Tannoys I use work amazingly well with the Onkyo. I'd expect they'd go well with the Sansuis that you've got too. I play mine all the time - music and TV/movies - so it's a very easy listen. Bass is good too and better than you'd expect. Depends on your room though.

theexcitableboy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I have to second the Tannoy DC4 suggestion, if you can afford it. If you can get hold of the August WHF magazine, it gives a detailed five-star review of the DC4s.

A

Anonymous

Yes I looked at the tannoys first but unless I go used I think there to much.but I am tempted

A

Anonymous

Yes I looked at the tannoys first but unless I go used I think there to much.but I am tempted

A

Anonymous

Only £259 at exceptional av .have a look at the advert surly it's for a pair but doesn't say so odd.

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Bx2's are a great speaker both sonically and very good at high volumes. I have br2's and have packed them into the attick to use in our next house as i did not want to sell them as i have upgraded to bx5's and demo'd the bx2's out of curiosity, the whole bx range is a well made bit of kit, you wont be dissapointed imho. If you really do want alot of bass are floorstanders out ofthe question and save you getting a sub? But in music terms as mentioned the bx2's have the edge for me

A

Anonymous

I had a look at the whf review for the tannoy dc4 .the review was good but it did say that there was a problem with the bass as the speakers are on the small side.im in York this weekend so vickers and richer sounds here I come hold on to that master card

A

Anonymous

I had a look at the whf review for the tannoy dc4 .the review was good but it did say that there was a problem with the bass as the speakers are on the small side.im in York this weekend so vickers and richer sounds here I come hold on to that master card

A

Anonymous

With the space I have I think I need front ported speakers so that's the tannoys out .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts