Speakers and cable for Cyrus based system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am new to the forum but would appreciate any views on the following. I have a pair of bi wired Ruark Sabre 3 speakers fed by Ecosse cables. Last year I spent out on new Cyrus CD 8 and PSX plus DAC driven by 8vs integrated amp. The sound is detailed and revealing but also quite harsh at times. I think the speaker cable and speakers may not be a good match for the Cyrus.

Any comments or tips about system matching would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Tony, you might want to consider Cyrus's own speaker cable, at £30/m, which we've rated at 5 stars.

As for speakers, we've always rated the Sabre IIIs highly, but alternatives to consider at a similar price (assuming you still want standmounts) are the ATC SCM11s (850) and the Dynaudio Focus 110 (£850). A good dealer should allow you to audition them, and might even let you try them in your system at home if you ask nicely!

A

Anonymous

The Sabre / Cyrus combination is definately one to give stridency in the top end methinks. The Dynaudio Focus 110 would be a great match, also think about demoing Jamo's C803s.

A

Anonymous

Andy. Thanks for your advice Will give that a go. How do you rate the Ecosse bi wire? Is it worth trying the Cyrus cable as single wiring?

Basically I want a richer and warmer sound. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Tony

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice I am going to try the cyrus speaker cable first and then consider alternative speakers like the Dynaudio 110 as you suggest

Cheers

Tony

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I would be shock if the cables work!!! Yes, it may change the sound slightly but don't expect a miracle. I am a ruark fan and always find cyrus gears a bit bright for my taste (have to mention that I have not heard the "8") if you must chage speakers, I would go down the Dyn route like Andy's suggestion as the treble preformance is liquid smooth regardless of what you play. For that price you can get a pair of Dynaudio contour 1.8 mk2, 2nd hand too. All the best and let us know How you got on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts