Speakers/amp for studio use..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I`m looking for second hand speakers/amp , to be used in a small home studio (yes.. my other hobby [:D] )

These speakers are not going to be on stands and they are going to be placed very close to a back wall (30cms approx.)

I currently have a pair of DM602s1 and an old kenwood integrated. I`m tkinking of selling these and maybe add another 500STGS. I feal that the dm602 dont work well when placed too near a bacl wall and that they are too much treble/bass oriented, with virtually no midrange.

What do you recommand?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

What type of output does your source have? If optical or coax then maybe a pair of active speakers would fit the bill.

I have seen folks raving about Genelec studio monitors but have no personal experience of them. I do have some actives myself which for me are perfect, but if I mention the make then I would probably be accused of fanboy/loveboy status.

So just so everyone is clear I am suggesting a generic approach for consideration not a brand.

Good luck.

T

the record spot

AVI will charge you around £1100, presumably out your budget. In budget, try Yamaha's HS50 or the bigger 80s at £250 and £350 or thre new and well reviewed R601a from Tannoy at £460. See also the Rokit 5 from KRK at around £240. All see active speakers so no need for the amp. See also the Genelec 6010a at around £500.

A

Anonymous

from what i read, PMC speakers are used in many studios. I also read that PMC speakers are not that picky / sensitive about location/positioning although they use rear port. It seems that it is not rear port but something called 'transmission line".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts