Speakers advise on my last trip to UK

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for posing the same question a second time, As my first query didn't get me any help. I will be in the UK again on the 5th of may. And it will be my last trip to the country, for sometime to come. And I need to positively buy bookshelf speakers for my bluesound power node gen 1. I bought the bluesound power node blind, only based on reviews as I really don't have time to travel from my ship in felixstowe, all the way to Harwich to audition. And the speakers purchase will be the same. I can't leave my ship, but I can send someone on my behalf to make the purchase. Request to kindly point me in the right direction. My listening room is 11ft by 24 ft. And iam looking for bookshelf speakers placed on the corners of the 11ft wall. My listening position will be 14 ft from the speakers. The flooring is hard tiled. I listen to rock, trance and a lot of rap. If bookshelves can't suffice in the room that I have. Please advise me some floor standing soeakers, though I will have to arrange to ship them separately as I can't fly back with them. My budget to begin with is 500 pounds, but I can stretch to 1000 pounds. But if I can buy something that sounds wonderful and save some money. I would be delighted. Many thanks in advance for your time.

TomSawyer

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I suspect no one has responded because speaker choice is a very personal matter. If this is the only way for you to purchase them, my recommendation would be Q Accoustic 3050. They seem universally popular so I think you have a good chance of being pleased with the result.

TomSawyer said:
I suspect no one has responded because speaker choice is a very personal matter. If this is the only way for you to purchase them, my recommendation would be Q Accoustic 3050. They seem universally popular so I think you have a good chance of being pleased with the result.
You said bookshelf and then floorstanders. I'm confused - the 3050 are floor-standers and are well recommended as Tom says (welcome!).

I suggest you (the OP) ring wherever you plan to send your courier and ask them. A bluesound dealer would be best. But choosing speakers for someone else is as daft as choosing their wall paper; most speakers might be electrically compatible, but if you don't like the colour....!

Good luck, cap'n.

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Sorry for posing the same question a second time, As my first query didn't get me any help. I will be in the UK again on the 5th of may. And it will be my last trip to the country, for sometime to come. And I need to positively buy bookshelf speakers for my bluesound power node gen 1. I bought the bluesound power node blind, only based on reviews as I really don't have time to travel from my ship in felixstowe, all the way to Harwich to audition. And the speakers purchase will be the same. I can't leave my ship, but I can send someone on my behalf to make the purchase. Request to kindly point me in the right direction. My listening room is 11ft by 24 ft. And iam looking for bookshelf speakers placed on the corners of the 11ft wall. My listening position will be 14 ft from the speakers. The flooring is hard tiled. I listen to rock, trance and a lot of rap. If bookshelves can't suffice in the room that I have. Please advise me some floor standing soeakers, though I will have to arrange to ship them separately as I can't fly back with them. My budget to begin with is 500 pounds, but I can stretch to 1000 pounds. But if I can buy something that sounds wonderful and save some money. I would be delighted. Many thanks in advance for your time.

Hi, I am a bit confused. You start talking about bookshelf speakers and then ask, later on, for floorstanders recommendations. I suspect floorstanders will give more bass response, which your musical tastes will need

I do not know how capable the powernode amplifier is, that is the next issue. Plus your room sounds a bit prone to reflections, with the hard floor.

Q Acoustics sounds like a good call, but in your price range you will have lots of choice. Perhaps you can search around to see what people pair with the powernode to get some clues.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I was initially looking for bookshelf speakers. But considering the size of the room. Felt floor Stander's would be more suitable. But the budget is stretchable. Considering that I wouldn't be on the upgrade path anytime soon. I would be willing to plonk the money once and be happy ever after:)

TomSawyer

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Will the limited power out put of 50 w per channel, be a hindrance in going for floor Stander's. Guess that should be alright for bookshelf speakers.

Usually floorstanders are more sensitive than bookshelf speakers so I would have thought you'd be fine if you are happy with the higher price and them taking up more room.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Okay. Was'nt aware that book shelf speakers were harder to drive than floor Stander's. After spending some time reading reviews, I was thinking of buying the qacoustics concept 20. It is available in India for 420 pounds online. Though will have to look separately for the stands. Also I was thinking on slightly different lines. I have a qacoustics q7000i system paired to my Sony str-dn 850. So I was thinking that I could use the single subwoofer for both the speaker systems. One sub out from my power node to left channel sub in on the q7070 sub woofer. And right in on the sub from my HT amp. That way I could use the sub for both purposes, though only one at a time. As both the sub and concept 20s belong to the same company. The sub sound should be able to blend in. That way I will save floor space for a separate sub. But is this workable ....if this is not possible. I will consider the b&W 685 s2, as they have a better bass output. Thanks again for your time and suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts