Speaker wire plugs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Just after a bit of advice (again I know!). I currently have my speaker cable connecting to my amp/speakers via bare wire. I was originally told that this would create a truer sound from the amp/speaker. However, it was brought to my attention that if they were to short, they could blow my amp!

Question being this; Is it likely that my amp could blow, and if so, I would change to speaker plugs but would this affect the quality of the sound? Also, is there a varying degree with speaker plugs, and what would people recommend?

Thanks guys

A

Anonymous

Seriously guys, I know it's trivial, but your advice would be appreciated!

daveh75

Most,if not all,modern amps have circuit protection and/or internal fuses(that will blow) to prevent damage from shorts etc.

With regard to connections, it will make no difference to sound quality whatsoever, whether you use bare wire,banana plugs,spades or even different types of banana plugs/spade connectors.

At least that's been my experience!!!but i'm sure someone will be along to disagree......

A

Anonymous

just be careful with banana plugs .... had some fitted on some speaker cable .... paid £20 for 8 plugs and they were (very) loose fitting .... some banana plugs have some spring mechanism device that grips better (if that makes sense) and those may be the ones to buy

my new cables will have silver spades instead of banana plugs on the speaker side and the other side (into the amp) will be bare wire as my amp has the old style spring connectors

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts