Speaker upgrade for Cyrus system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Greetings. Suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated in compiling a list of speakers to audition for a planned upgrade in the near future. My current set-up is as follows: CD6, DAC X, PreXvs, 2x Smartpower+, Wharfedale Evolution 30 speakers. The listening room is fairly small (measuring about 4 x 5 m) so I anticipate standmounts will be best. They will need to be positioned within 30 cm of the rear wall and sound good at low volumes. I listen to most genres, but predominantly Jazz, Rock and Classical. My budget (to include stands) is flexible - £1500 to £2500ish - I will move to the upper end if there are clear-cut sonic benefits, but would obviously prefer to spend less. I do not anticipate any further upgrades within the next 5 years, however might just consider a new CD transport if it was worthwhile in comparison to newer digital formats! So far I've come up with...Dali Helicon 300 Mk2, and Audiovector Mi1 (various models), but know little about these speakers and so would welcome advice and further suggestions if anyone could offer expertise?

A

Anonymous

Dynaudio, Spendor, PMC. Can't really offer any advice on which models though. Check out the cyrusunofficial.co.uk forum you'll get plenty of advice there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts