Hello all,

I have Q Acoustics 2020i speakers that I am happy with, no real complaints, but they are being moved to my wife's shop to provide music there. Thus I need to replace them at home. It does not matter if they are bookshelf or floorstander's in replacement, what matters is:

- the new speakers are not gloss, white or black (the better half likes matt or wood look)
- the new speakers work well in a small room, no so far from the wall
- Works well with my Onkyo tx-8150, which plays Air Play, Spotify, Tidal via Mac Pro, DLNA from NAS and BBC Radio 6 :)

The room is 5m deep, but 12m wide and contains both the living room area and the dining room. So the 'listening area' is approx 5m deep X6m wide.

I'm willing to go to a budget of £600 if needed, but would prefer to spend less and have more for other things. I'm currently considering the Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

Please help me to open my eyes to new oppertunities!

Andrew Killen said:
Hello all,

I have Q Acoustics 2020i speakers that I am happy with, no real complaints, but they are being moved to my wife's shop to provide music there. Thus I need to replace them at home. It does not matter if they are bookshelf or floorstander's in replacement, what matters is:

- the new speakers are not gloss, white or black (the better half likes matt or wood look)- the new speakers work well in a small room, no so far from the wall- Works well with my Onkyo tx-8150, which plays Air Play, Spotify, Tidal via Mac Pro, DLNA from NAS and BBC Radio 6 :)

The room is 5m deep, but 12m wide and contains both the living room area and the dining room. So the 'listening area' is approx 5m deep X6m wide.

I'm willing to go to a budget of £600 if needed, but would prefer to spend less and have more for other things. I'm currently considering the Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

Please help me to open my eyes to new oppertunities!

Can we assume you already have stands for your speakers and that these don't have to be included in your budget? However in that sort of space I might be considering floorstanders.

jonathanRD said:
muljao said:
If you liked the q acoustics you could get the same again, or indeed the q acoustic concept 20s, which are like the 2020i on steroids apparentely

Or even try the 3050's in that very large room, see if you can get some on home demo.
Seconded. And I see in the catalogue I have that they can come in American Walnut finish, as can all the 3000 series.

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
If you don't want strong bass, I would also check the Polk Audio T50 or the Klipsch RP-160M. They have clean sound and good resolution. The latter is better in every possible way, just I don't know if it fits into your budget. If less resolution and 3D sound is ok for you, then the JBL Arena 170 is a good budget speaker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts