speaker stands

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

can anyone recommend a good speaker stand for the wharfedale diamond 9.1. I'm looking for something around £30. Currently out of a job so can't really afford to spend a lot.

A

Anonymous

*Hijack*

So, a good speaker stand will apparently 'improve' (affect less) the sound. I can understand the advantages of placement, but what is the science behind one stand sounding better than another?

Is a really heavy cheap stand just as good as a really heavy expensive stand?

A

Anonymous

nu_groove:
*Hijack*

So, a good speaker stand will apparently 'improve' (affect less) the sound. I can understand the advantages of placement, but what is the science behind one stand sounding better than another?

Is a really heavy cheap stand just as good as a really heavy expensive stand?

Maybe I can answer that with an observation. Years ago I had the chance to listen to a system in someones house that I was delivering to. I can't remember the make of components but what does stick in my memory is the fact that the speakers were mounted on brick columns. All properly done, cemented directly to a concrete floor, pointed cement and everything. This system was not expensive but I have never heard a system of that price level sound so good. Maybe practical for some but not for others but it worked for him. Work out your answer.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
skularatna:
Hi,

can anyone recommend a good speaker stand for the wharfedale diamond 9.1. I'm looking for something around £30. Currently out of a job so can't really afford to spend a lot.

Get some good condition Atacama SE24 of ebay. It's a welded one piece, triangular hollow column stand available in two heights. Go for the 60cm one. No fiddling with screwin top/bottom plates and its sturdy. Use filled/unfilled as per your preference. Top plate size is ideal for your speakers. As good as the best mid-range stands. My mate uses one for regular dems in this outlet when the solid marble/rock stands are in the other dem room. They also stock Partington SD'N's.

regards

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Lots of choice on Amazon. If you can go to £48, they have the 'Soundstyle Z2', which have gotten positve responses on this forum.

Tony_R

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Richer Sounds do these for £39.95

Quite nice sturdy stands for the money I think.

I've also heard that decorative concrete columns (as found in your local garden center) can make good speaker stands.

Don't know how much they cost though.

Tony.

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, I've decided to go for these. Can you fill these with kiln dried sand? Or is it best to use aggregate? Also Do you completely fill them up or is that down to personal choice?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts