Speaker stands recommendation up to £120

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi people,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend me some decent speaker stands up to about £120. I've seen the Atacama moseco 6 but unsure about them.

Any suggestions please. Thank you.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
They do get good reviews and they are the right height for your speakers. I was looking at them too but I can't bring myself to like their odd-looking wooden (bamboo?) bases, but your tastes and preferences are very welcome to be differnet.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Stands seem to be the ideal 2nd hand purchase. It's not like they're going to wear out or give you reliability problems.

Indeed. Hard part seems to be finding people willing / able to post. But equally they go for the most. If you're lucky enough to live near a seller who will only offer collection only you could bag yourself a bargain.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I saw what looked very much like a pair of Super Partington Dreadnoughts of £30 to £40 on the bay a month or two ago. I think the seller didn't realise what they were as the advertised as stands from Super-fi.

Stands seem to be the ideal 2nd hand purchase. It's not like they're going to wear out or give you reliability problems.

You might also know someone that could make some stands for you. They only need to be the right size and properly rigid and non-ringing to do the job well.

Edit, current eBay listings for Partingtons:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_sop=2&_nkw=partington+stands&_frs=1

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Cheers for the input so far guys. Yeah it's the bamboo based that are putting me off a bit too. I liked the look of them in the pictures, but when I saw a pair I was a bit disappointed. However, I saw the lighter colour and I'm thinking the darker colour might look good?

There are some wood ones in richer that look good but the sales guy was not recommending wood stands, but I'm not totally convinced. They looked solid.

2nd hand I agree would be the way to go, just not very sure what brand and models is be looking for. None of the mosecos at the moment.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Indeed. Hard part seems to be finding people willing / able to post. But equally they go for the most. If you're lucky enough to live near a seller who will only offer collection only you could bag yourself a bargain.

My B&W FS700's might need a new home soonish *secret*

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
tino said:
My B&W FS700's might need a new home soonish *secret*

Realistically I won't be any position to buy until the new year...though they could be exactly what the OP is needing.

radiorog said:
the sales guy was not recommending wood stands, but I'm not totally convinced. They looked solid.

I've come to realise I don't like the sound of wooden speaker stands either. Least not in my room with my speakers. And there we go again: variables, any of which could easily make them sound great with your speakers in your room. And that's without even considering personal taste.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Realistically I won't be any position to buy until the new year ... though they could be exactly what the OP is needing.

It was a just a suggestion ... they aren't being used but won't be going anywhere before the new year.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I use Mission srancette stands. I got them for about 70 euro or 55 pounds. I am sure they are not the be all, end all of stands, but I cant see why anything more expensive would be required once the size and look suits

I have the moseco 6's in dark bamboo to match the eris rack and it all looks rather nice,but if going for the moseco stands be aware that the top plate is quite small and really need the larger plate for most speakers (which can be bought separately for around £30)they also aren't the most solid stands and definitely need the addition of some ballast (atacama attabites)this will also set you back another 30 quid,so now the £150 stands have suddenly become over £200.I would take the offer of the b&w fs700 which I previously owned and can attest to the solidity of them.mine currently reside in my mothers house and I'll be keeping them close to hand for any future speaker fettling.

Target made lots of stands, and though not an obvious hifi brand, are widely available secondhand. I see quite a few decent stands on eBay. Alternatively some dealers will have a selection lying around that you might be able to do a deal on.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would have a look at Custom Design, they have some around £90 that look pretty good.

Used are a good option if you can find what you want near you. I've seen Partingtons for about £35 but too far away and a bit too industrial for me.

BigH said:
I would have a look at Custom Design, they have some around £90 that look pretty good.

Used are a good option if you can find what you want near you. I've seen Partingtons for about £35 but too far away and a bit too industrial for me.

Yes, I believe their FS range is highly rated.

TRENDING THREADS