Speaker stands for Monitor Audio GX50s

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone recommend some stands for these speakers? I've seen the Monitor Audio versions and at £300 they are rather pricey, and I peronally don't think they don't look very attractive. It's a pair of gloss white GX50s, so I'm thinking white stands is just too much, well err, white, and they're going next to a sheesham wood cabinet, so we've got to be careful with wood stands.

The room's pretty modern furniture-wise, with a (cheap) laminate wood floor which I need to take into account.

Budget is up to £200 I would say, making sure I got the best performance/visual look combination.

Open to any suggestions - don't be shy!

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mr Nintendologist

Try richer sounds website for some alternative stands for your Monitor Audios, the Custom Design RS300 look quite smart in black for £100 a pair. The trouble with at this price point is finding stands that don't look like two oil rigs in your room.

Another problem is that the stands on the Monitor Audio website shown with your GX50's are designed as a dedicated stand and will provide the best performance that you are looking for.

Looks wise, I think the combination of the GX50 and its own stand looks very smart, but that's just my opinion.

Let us know how you get on.

:)

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, macdiddy. I've also seen a pair of stands from Norstone called Hilerod here:

http://www.norstone-design.com/en/model/280_Hiler-d.html

They seem a bit more 'interesting' to look at as a lump of metal.

Although, ever practical, the missus has noticed one shortcoming - where to run the speaker cable!

Still searching - I'll let you know if I find a good compromise soon.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Just get the GX matching stands because they were designed for them. Other stands are designed for the majority speakers, but won't benefit the design or shape of your speaker. Therefore, not sound that good.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
These are quite nice if they will fit.

Custom Design FS104, cannot paste from the machine I am on at the moment, just google.

They have all black, black with chrome and a white version.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
macdiddy said:
hopefully the op has found a solution to his GX-50's or brought a pair of floorstanders instead.

*biggrin*

Didn't spot the date, but it popped up in the new and updated section

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts