Speaker stands for 685s

JamesPart

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi I finally got my B&W 685's matched with my Rotel RA-04 and now I'm looking for a suitable set of stands for the speakers.

I've been looking at the Nexus stands and they seem fairly decent for the price, do they match with the 685's well. Noobie question but how are the speakers attached to the stands, do they just rest on the plate?. If so, i best be careful, I'm clumsy like that ;).

I must say I'm also tempted to buy the Super Dreadnought's as suggested by someone but the price is rather steep so I probably won't go for them unless someone tempts me. Would they make a big difference to the Nexus stands.

And as I'm also a Partington that would be kinda cool i guess lol if branded.

A

Anonymous

I will go for Nexus stands. Super Dreadnought's are great but overpriced for your B&W.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
They look odd on stands with small footprint due to their depth.

Some people here rave about them (sorry, I'm not one of them) and recommend good sturdy stands. If you like them and I guess you do you might as well just shell out another ton or so on a second hand pair of dreadnoughts or B&W's own stands which pop up once in a while on ebay for £100 - £150 or thereabouts.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but those Aurora's are disgusting !!

Can they be filled black or silver rather than the multi-coloured rubbish (IMO)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You can fill them with anything you like as far as I know... (though using them as a fish tank is probably not advisable
emotion-5.gif
)

JamesPart

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciated!

Would like some suggestions on cable also, was thinking of going with the QED Silver Ann but not XT, is there a huge difference between the XT and none-XT?. If so then maybe ill consider the XT even though its twice the price.

A

Anonymous

if you like partington try the trophys about 130 bought mine years ago direct you might be able to get them for a little less they're fillable [mine are empty and i have no resonance through them with mission 701's] and i think they look good too

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
The Partington Ansa (at £100 I think) is another good buy. Also the twin-columned Target HR60 at £120. Partington Trophy is a good call too. How big are the B&W's? If they are as large as the old DM602's you may need the Atacama SL600 (£120) which have a larger top plate. Oh and a few blobs of blu-tack to secure the speakers is ideal. The Targets (which I own) come with bolts/studs as well for the top plates but I prefer the security of the blu-tack. They are also fully welded and arrive in two separate boxes. One of the best hi-fi purchases I have made and they're not even half-filled.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts