Speaker selector

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
My speakers (wharfedale 121) have bi wire posts. so i have used them to bi wire. even tho there is no differance in sound that i can tell. There connected to the amps (onkyo a9050) A termernals and B termernals. A for bass and B for treble. Does this mean that the ohms has dropped from 8ohm to 4ohm. And one more thing. if i wanted to connect a second pair of speakers (wharfedale 10.1) i will use the amps termernal A for one set and the B termernal for the other set. And the manual of my amp says you can play both sets at the same time if i keep the selector at 8ohm not 4. Right what if both sets are bi wired. So bi wire 1 pair A and bi wire second pair B. You guys no what i mean. I hope cos now i am stumped lol let us no before i blow the the cd player clean of me amp ha cheers

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I must confess I've just watched that Hitler video then read this thread and I had to laugh......

If you hear no difference then single wire each pair of speakers using A & B - what exactly are you trying to achieve with all this wire anyway...lol.

just single wire your speakers.

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I just love wiring. I have lots of the stuff. I think i am compulsive lol the money i waste collecting cables (all kinds) but only decent budgit ones. I Just wanted to bi wire all 4 speakers but dont no if the ohms will drop to much. I even use analog and digital interconnects for more complex wiring lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts