Speaker recommendation for 1520

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone has suggestions for set of speakers to match with Rotel 1520 integrated?

I'm planning to audition B&W CM line and Dynaudio.

I'm interested in the RX6 but i am put off by posts againts MA and Rotel.

Looking for an all rounder for medium room.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Ignore them. Anyone who says that MA and Rotel don't mix haven't heard MA for over a year, as the RX series is far smoother than the RS's before them - which is what they'll be referring to.

KEF's new Q500's or Q700's will also work very well with the 1520, as will B&W's CM's.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion David. What would be your inclination in the CM range?

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:Ignore them. Anyone who says that MA and Rotel don't mix haven't heard MA for over a year, as the RX series is far smoother than the RS's before them - which is what they'll be referring to.

KEF's new Q500's or Q700's will also work very well with the 1520, as will B&W's CM's.

Yes!, I just Bought Ra1062 for my MA BR5, my CDP Marantz 5001, Cardas Micro Twin I/C, Chord Carnival Silverplus Bi Wire, sounded so sweet...

FrankHarveyHiFi:Ignore them. Anyone who says that MA and Rotel don't mix haven't heard MA for over a year, as the RX series is far smoother than the RS's before them - which is what they'll be referring to. KEF's new Q500's or Q700's will also work very well with the 1520, as will B&W's CM's.

Ignoring peoples comments isn't in the spirit of the forum. I've been the worst culprit when it comes to dissuading the Rotel/MA combo. True, I've not heard the RX range of speakers, but I have enough knowledge Rotel and MA to know that the combo can be a hefty mis-match.

You say the RX6 are much smoother than the older models, which I don't doubt for one moment. I can't believe they are so different that they'll be a better match than B&W, PMC etc. You are in priviledged position of managing a retail outlet, but it'll be foolish to ignore other opinions.

EDIT - my opinions/experience is judged on whether the person in question is able to audition (a decent percentage buy blind). If they can't then it's fair that they should go the safer route....

Roberto Salazar:
Does anyone has suggestions for set of speakers to match with Rotel 1520 integrated?

I'm planning to audition B&W CM line and Dynaudio.

I'm interested in the RX6 but i am put off by posts againts MA and Rotel.

Looking for an all rounder for medium room.

Hi Robert Salazar

Speakers from Dynaudio and Proac will be well suited to the RA-1520.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

I am a bit confused with which speakers could the Rotel drive.

For example with Dynaudio..

A

Anonymous

What about Proac Studio 140 MK II?

What Dynaudio speaker would be interesting?

Roberto Salazar:

What about Proac Studio 140 MK II?

What Dynaudio speaker would be interesting?

When spending that sort of money, the best thing is to sit down with a retailer, and explain the sort of sound you're looking to achieve and listen to various makes. Unfortunately, hi-fi and system matching isn't an exact science; factor in not just sound quality, but room dimensions and topology and acoustics. From the room size the dealer should suggest whether stand mounted or floostanders are best.

A

Anonymous

Today I auditioned the Dynaudio Focus 140 with my integrated and to my surprise it sounded great.

The bass is incredible. Never boomy. (The speakers were 70 cm from the back wall). I was very impressed. Not sure if this is overkill.

To my untrained ears i couldnït hear any signs of driving difficulties. How can one tell when an amp canït drive speakers well?

Then i listened to them on a Moon integrated for reference and my god the details were amazing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts