Speaker Question

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
In my loft at the moment I have a pair of Wharfedale S500 Speakers. However the amp I have now only has room for one set of speakers (left/Right). I was going to use my original speakers that came with my Technics (CS-B55's) or something along those lines. I would still like to keep using them but I would like to put the Wharfedales at the other side of the room for a sort of surround side effect.

What would happen if I plug my Wharfedales into my Technics speakers via the same cables ( Like daisy chaining) ?

what affects would this have on my amp and current speakers ?

My technics sepakers are 120 Watts and my Wharfedales are 125 Watts. So I wonder what would happen If I got cable from the back of the Wharfedales and plugged said cable into the sockets on the back of my Technics speakers then another cable from the same socket into my amp ?

Sounds a bit dumb I know but what would happen ??

Thanks

cjackson:

In my loft at the moment I have a pair of Wharfedale S500 Speakers. However the amp I have now only has room for one set of speakers (left/Right). I was going to use my original speakers that came with my Technics (CS-B55's) or something along those lines. I would still like to keep using them but I would like to put the Wharfedales at the other side of the room for a sort of surround side effect.

What would happen if I plug my Wharfedales into my Technics speakers via the same cables ( Like daisy chaining) ?

what affects would this have on my amp and current speakers ?

My technics sepakers are 120 Watts and my Wharfedales are 125 Watts. So I wonder what would happen If I got cable from the back of the Wharfedales and plugged said cable into the sockets on the back of my Technics speakers then another cable from the same socket into my amp ?

Sounds a bit dumb I know but what would happen ??

Thanks

If you intend to achieve quadrophonic sound then I would be wary. Two different types of speakers could cause damage to both amp and speakers. The impedance and ohms need to be identical otherwise the amp could overheat and the drive units could possibly be damaged due to the discrepencies.

In addition, the sound quality would be sooooo different, the set-up will sound odd.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts