Speaker positions & new TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just about to finaly part with some cash to buy a new TV as the first component in my first home cinema set up. Due to a realy strange shapped room, I think I will only be able to run a 2.1 system. The TV will be mounted on a wall arm bracket to allow me to change the viewing angle depending on where I sit in the room. Idealy I would like to attach the L&R speakers to the arm assembly, but I dont know if the close proximity of the speakers to the TV will have any adverse effect on the TV picture. I'm looking at something like the Arcam Muso speakers with an as yet un specified sub, as they will have to handle as much music as movies. Getting a custom bracket made to hold the speakers won't be a problem, as I work in metal fabrication. Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

K

A

Anonymous

Hard to say for sure, without knowing the shape of the room etc, re placement, but mounted to the screen assembly won't give a very wide stage to the presentation ........ can they not go on a wall either side of the TV somewhere, or does the pivot mean that sometimes that would be fine and others they'd be in the wrong place?

Most suitable speakers are likely to be magnetically shielded, so shouldn't affect the TV, if so......

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, your spot on with the issue of the pivot problem, and the sound stage. I supose I was just hoping to get a better movie sound from the setup rather than what comes with the TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts