Speaker Package for STR-DG820

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Some advise on speakers for my system would be greatly appreciated.

Am currently running a Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S350 through a Sony STR-DG820 followed by a pair of old Mordant Short MS25’s. In between is a Sony KDL-46W4000 TV.

I would like to move on to 5.1 Surround sound so I’m after a speaker package for up to the £500 mark.

The room area is 5 X 4 m with the fronts firing from the widest corners. Also due to room furnishing constraints imposed upon me by the love of my life, the fronts will have to be shelf mounted.

Although I’m after the full surround effect with movies I shall also be using the system on 2CH Stereo to listen to music ranging from Led Zep through to Debussy.

Browsing through the pages of Superfi I’ve seen packages from Mission, Wharfedale and Q Acoustics, all of which looks the Corgi’s Nuts, but will they be big enough, sound wise, to fill the room?

Cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
StonieBroke:

Some advise on speakers for my system would be greatly appreciated.

Am currently running a Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S350 through a Sony STR-DG820 followed by a pair of old Mordant Short MS25's. In between is a Sony KDL-46W4000 TV.

I would like to move on to 5.1 Surround sound so I'm after a speaker package for up to the £500 mark.

The room area is 5 X 4 m with the fronts firing from the widest corners. Also due to room furnishing constraints imposed upon me by the love of my life, the fronts will have to be shelf mounted.

Although I'm after the full surround effect with movies I shall also be using the system on 2CH Stereo to listen to music ranging from Led Zep through to Debussy.

Browsing through the pages of Superfi I've seen packages from Mission, Wharfedale and Q Acoustics, all of which looks the Corgi's Nuts, but will they be big enough, sound wise, to fill the room?

Cheers

I doubt you will beat this for the money. It won best package in 2006 at the £750-£1500 mark!

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2240

A

Anonymous

The Q Acoustics 1010i package seems like a good choice, can be had for only £399 now with some free cabling from bluestreamav

http://www.bluestreamav.co.uk/pages/product_detail.aspx?s=01119033478

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts