Speaker match with Musical Fidelity A3 suggestions please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want bookshelf speakers to mount on swivel brackets on the wall and thought you esoteric lot are bound to know of a few "must try" and "must leave well alone" speakers out there, new or 2nd hand. Up to £500ish.

I listen to metal, rock, blues, reggae etc etc. As long as the speakers can be driven hard and aren't too big I'll consider any to audition. Mainly CDs but some vinyl played too.

Thanks for listening.

John Duncan

I loved my MF with a pair of Tannoy Revolution R2s, same sort of musical styles. Now they were floorstanders so anything else is going to be different, but you can try the latest Tannoy standmounters to see if they gel as well - I know that The Record Spot has a pair and loves them.

Or there's always these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Speakers-Revolution-r1-Complete-stands-/170767473819?pt=UK_Consumer_VintageAudio_RL&hash=item27c288dc9b

(bit dear for sub-a1 nick though, if you ask me).

A

Anonymous

There's a pair of R1s for sale 50 miles from me at £60! Might be worth a trip.

I've seen a few Cura CA10s on eBay but not heard anything about them.

A

Anonymous

I nearly bought a pair of Dynaudio DM 2/6 new for £380 but not wanting to travel from lakedistrict to London to get them.

I've just had a reply from the guy selling the Tannoy Revolution R1! Waiting for his phone call :pray:

A

Anonymous

Picking up the Tannoys tonight! :bounce:

Let you know what they're like:pray:

A

Anonymous

Wow are these small! Punchy little speakers though! Well balanced and detailed. Will take a bit of getting used to, especially the lack of bass.

A

Anonymous

Hi, just purchased used but ex condition MF A3 amp for £300

Looking for ideal floor standers for small bedroom so need to be easy to place and can breathe in confined space.

Thinking of Spendor S5e. Any comments or advice on alternatives.

Many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts