Speaker match for Sony STR-DA2400ES

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am a home cinema newbie, although I have done some research, and currently looking to purchase either the Q Acoustic 1010i 5.1 or the Boston Acoustic Soundware XS speaker package (both on good deals) to complete my system. My understanding is that my Sony STR-DA2400ES is a 'bright' sounding receiver / amp and would appreciate your advice on whether these speaker packages would make a good system match.

Many thanks,

Garry

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I use the 1010i's with my str-da2400 and it sounds good to me

A

Anonymous

Thank you chap.

Want my system to be equally as good for music and movies which is why I went with the 2400ES.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Garry Greenstreet,

The Sony STR-DA2400ES is an excellent amp. I had one myself with the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker package and it was a fine combination.

Now available for £199.95 at Richer Sounds, these speakers must surely represent the deal of the year!

Ronald

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Garry Greenstreet:Top man Ronald!

The QA's are proper good quality full-sized speakers and with the 2400 amp, it is the best combination I can think of for the money, value and performance.
emotion-21.gif

"At £500 this package sets a new standard for build, design and sonic quality." What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision magazine.

At £199.95 brand new, it truly is the deal of the year!!!

Grab it quick
emotion-22.gif

A

Anonymous

Just an update.

My initial worries over the supply of the QA 1010i 5.1 package from a reputable source came true. After my phoning around had located what seemed to be the last system at a Richer Sounds store, when I got there it turned out to be a pair of satellites not the 5.1 package. Gutted!
emotion-9.gif

There were just about enough individual items at various other stores to make up a package, but these were all open box deals and spread far and wide across the country. I resigned to the fact that I had left it to late!

I my second choice BA SoundWare XS package, which I had still not committed to, was on sale at £299. Having done my homework they price matched it down to £269 and I came away with a good deal. Well done Richer......and they paid my parking!

I am aware that I should be spending more on my speaker package than my amp to get the best out of it, but I needed something to get me started with my current budget.

It's also difficult to audition in store before buying when matching with older model kit (bought 2400ES before obsolete this time last year) and although it's down to personal taste, you have to consider reviews and opinions.

Think I've spent wisely but hope I haven't compromised to much!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts