Speaker Hunting Again... : )

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Dont worry, you'll be just dandy again tomorrow. Switch your system off for today, watch a few good films and chill out.

Then start a thread again
emotion-5.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
You're 15 and have £1500 to speand on speakers!?!?

Lucky B***ard comes to mind.

:)

I'd disagree that £1000 hi-fi is no better than a £300 micro system, but I would agree that the very definition of being an "audiophile", means you tend to over analyze stuff, rather than just sticking it on, cranking it up and getting into the music.

As Yoda says. "First you must unlearn what you have learned".

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:You're 15 and have £1500 to speand on speakers!?!?

Lucky B***ard comes to mind.

Please understand that it is the money I have earnt, and not my parents!

A

Anonymous

drummerman:
Dont worry, you'll be just dandy again tomorrow. Switch your system off for today, watch a few good films and chill out.

emotion-5.gif

Your always right about it...any good films to rent at the moment?

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:I meant no offence.

I just wished I had £1500 when I was 15......Hell. I wish I had £1500 at 34!

No, no, I know you didn't! :)

Don't worry, when I'm at uni I'll regret it! lol.

T

the record spot

Look on the bright side; you can always check out the vintage gear section on Ebay...

Just saying.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

the record spot:Look on the bright side; you can always check out the vintage gear section on Ebay...

Just saying.
emotion-5.gif

I'm purposly avoiding it because otherwise I'll end up with a massive 70s Marantz receiver and some Wharfedale E70 speakers...my 70's fixation has to remain under control!

A

Anonymous

I'd put money on the fact that as soon as you set you current kit up in a more sympathetic room, you'll be more satisified. Save your cash - one term at Uni will see that £1600 over the bar.... where it should be!

A

Anonymous

jbadman:one term at Uni will see that £1600 over the bar.... where it should be!

Amen to that!

A

Anonymous

I'd disagree slightly there Joel! I managed to damage most of my equipment at uni. My lovely little Rotel amp had a glass of snakebite spilt onto it (huge flash followed by bang) and another time, someone managed to weld one of my KEF Cresta cones stiff by feeding it some lovely DC at ultra high volume. Still, it was fun!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:Uni was where I really got into hifi. It goes very well with getting twatted every night.

No need to use that language in front of a minor, Joel!

Seriously, Hughes, I am amazed you are 15. It has helped me reassess my opinion of the youth of today. I thought that none could type in proper English and you all hung around outside (away from a pc - unless there was a game involved) wearing tracksuit bottoms under your jeans!

A

Anonymous

i iznt like hangin around outsides cause i got like a well kl mountin bike like yh n wen it iz like well cold i iz listenin to my ghetto blaster. (Although being an Arcam, it's quite a conservative ghetto-blaster!)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:i iznt like hangin around outsides cause i got like a well kl mountin bike like yh n wen it iz like well cold i iz listenin to my ghetto blaster. (Although being an Arcam, it's quite a conservative ghetto-blaster!)

fo' real! Yes Arcam doesn't really read "street" does it?!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I have to say I thought you were older than 15.

I ain't bovvered though, and I agree with Gerrardasbutter.

Funny thing about txt spk is that it takes about 10 times as long for me to read as it doesn't make any sense. A false economy like many things.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:I have to say I thought you were older than 15.

I ain't bovvered though, and I agree with Gerrardasbutter.

Funny thing about txt spk is that it takes about 10 times as long for me to read as it doesn't make any sense. A false economy like many things.

innit. i thought you were 45 or summut. (must be all those vintage stuff) - In some way, shape, or form that sudden realisation is a bit terrifying
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

Vintage stuff is where it's at! Wow, I must have said I was 15 before surely?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:drummerman:

emotion-5.gif

"No good country for old men" ... brilliant, done by the coen brothers of "raising arizona" (I hope I got the title right)

"Rambo" ... dont laugh, I was hesitant too but thoroughly enjoyed it. After, my first thought was that I must get a toyota 4x4 pick up with a top mounted machine gun to replace my peugeot.

A

Anonymous

drummerman:Hughes123:drummerman:

emotion-5.gif

"No good country for old men" ... brilliant, done by the coen brothers of "raising arizona" (I hope I got the title right)

"Rambo" ... dont laugh, I was hesitant too but thoroughly enjoyed it. After, my first thought was that I must get a toyota 4x4 pick up with a top mounted machine gun to replace my peugeot.

If you took the time to read my sig then you would have got your answer... Jeeeez i dunno why ai bother
emotion-5.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
JAXON5:drummerman:Hughes123:drummerman:

emotion-5.gif

If you took the time to read my sig then you would have got your answer... Jeeeez i dunno why ai bother

Sorry my friend, you are of course absolutely right and I had a feelin I got the title wrong!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts