Speaker for Shanling MC-30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just heard Shanling's MC-30 music centre and it does sound fabulous. But at 3W output, I wonder what speakers to marry it with. On demo in the shop I heard them through a pair of old B&W matrix 805s - which seems to work very well - but am worried about buying second hand speakers. Does anyone have experience of second hand B&W Matrix 805? If not any other suggestions about speakers? The importers suggest Tannoy Precision 6 (studio), but I have not managed to hear them yet.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Shanling%20ipod%20dock.jpg

Very smart looking indeed but 3W per channel!! Put it this way, at my last hifi party my friend bought along "Puresound A30" which is a 20 watts, highly regards tubes amp and it couldn't drive a pair of Castle Severn properly.

May be Andrew would be able to help, I'm passed.

A

Anonymous

You don't specify a budget in this instance but really you'll need to go leftfield and look at the brands desinged with a view to working with SET amps. This would include Revolver, JAS, Living Voice (I have a pair of these) and Audio Note. All of them have 91db+ sensitivity and would be happy on a 3w amp.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Paul A"]
My budget is up to £400. Appreciate the help
[/quote]

You can afford some of the Revolver and Audio Note range then. The Revolvers are effectively sensitive "normal" speakers whereas the Audio Notes at this price are very unusual infinite baffle "flappy cabinet" designs that need to be placed firmly into corners and listened to at fairly near field. Some people find them addictive but truthfully I think the Revolver might make more sense.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts