Speaker/ Electronics burn-in, does it exsist?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Accordingly, the fact that any report of actual difference after burning-in speakers is always stated as an improvement is nothing more than the fact that the owner DID like them in the first place.

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
1) Warm up occurs. Out of the box from the back of a car/warehouse/delivery truck won't sound the same as a device that has made its home in the living room and been running a bit before listening. This will also affect mechanical parts, whose rigity and dimensions will change slightly with temperature.

2) Your head getting used to the sound produced in the environment the hi fi is placed in occurs.

Those two changes alone are really going to get in the way of hearing actual burn in.

Moving parts changing as they go through their range of motion repeatedly does occur. Speakers most notably fit here but they will also likely be most affected by 1).

Valves characteristics can change over their lifespan.

I am tempted to class clocks as a moving part, but only from my own listening. To me some clocked devices change over time and they do the same again when their clock is replaced. Some clocked devices have been the same from day one though. It isn't easy to tell if this is true due to 1) & 2).

The rest of the electronics. No.

TRENDING THREADS